Monday, July 21, 2008

What the kids are up to.

Elise has finally decided to be more photogenic. She has never liked having her picture taken, but lately whenever I get my camera out, she smiles.
She is already starting to crawl. She has mastered the army crawl, but still working hard at getting up on her knees. She does that cute little rock back and forth all the time.
She is very motivated to go really fast when she see something she wants. Which usually is Dallin cars, the phone, or in this case the remote.


Dallin LOVES to play letters. Ever since he learned the alphabet and then learned to recognize the letters he has done this. He thinks it is so fun to sit on the computer and types letters and numbers.
Dallin also has a new found love for the US map. I bought him a map placemat and he loves to ask about the states. He has gotten really good at remember most all the states too; in just a few days. He never ceases to amaze me. You just point to a state and he will tell you the name. He is acting pretty silly since he had a camera in his face, but you get the idea. He actually answered a map question on “Are you Smarter than a Fifth Grader” the other day too! He flipped it over and found the state flags on the other side and now he is asking which one belongs to which state and he know about 8 of those too. He’s so cute!One more bragging moment, Dallin can now spell his name. I taught him one morning and by the time Jon came home he could do it all by himself. He apparently got Jon's love for learning!
Being cute!
Getting frustrated
Eating! Elise loves to eat. She is such a natural too.
Just Chillin.

8 comments:

Katie said...

I cant believe how many states he knows. He is definately going to be very smart just like you and Jon. And Elise is just adorable as usually, such a pretty girl!

Rosanne said...

He is seriously the cutest thing ever. He's so smart. I loved the video.

Emily B said...

What a smart boy, Jen. I don't even know all of those states.

Rachel said...

He definitely takes after his parents. I remember when Emma and Anna were that age being so amazed at what such a little person can soak up. Poor Ben didn't get so much early direction, but he's developed in other ways the girls didn't. And Elise is adorable with that big smile!

EMILY said...

I saw a post you made on Stephanie Waite's blog. She is my best friend. I totally know your parents, the Seeley's. Bishop Seeley was my bishop before our ward got split a couple years ago! Small world!

John and Heather Davis said...

Wow Dallin is amazing!!! What a little smarty.
Jen, Elise is to sweet- Ijust love her smile!

Zach and Nikki said...

What a smartie! You're going to love that you have that on video in the years to come- I'm sure- otherwise no one will believe you.
Cute kids!

Amy said...

wow.... that is amazing! i doubt my 7 year old knowsd any of the states;-) great job guys! and elise is getting so big!!!