
My parents and I took the kids to the zoo last week and like every mom I tried to think of everything we could possibly need. We had the stroller, lunch, plenty of water, the camera, etc... But despite all of my preparation, I didn't check the weather... For those not in Missouri, that is not a bright idea. When we got there it was stifling hot and really humid. We ended up dumping water on the kids heads every 10 minutes or so. The Kansas City zoo is really huge too, so lots of walking. As most know, our weather can change at the drop of a hat. So when we got to the furthest point, it decided to downpour. And I mean downpour! We of course didn't bring an umbrella. So we were soaked. And we rode a boat and tram as close as we could get to the entrance, but we ended up running through the rain with both kids asleep. Anyway, it was fun and memorable...

Dallin was so excited to be at the zoo.

So was Elise.

My parents bought both of the kids hats since it was sooo hot and sunny!

And Dallin had to have a snake too.

It is really pretty. This was right before we got on the boat. It was at the beginning of our rain.
2 comments:
I only went there once while I lived there and I remember being completely drenched when we left, but not from rain it was solely humidity...and I was on a date NOT CUTE haha
You guys are troopers? Could it have been any worse weather? At least you got some happy pictures, so the kids must have had fun at least part of the time.
Katie- I'm sure you're just as cute dripping with sweat as you are otherwise:)
Post a Comment