Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Why I should NOT do yard work...

So what do you get when you give this girl:
This tool to trim the bushes with???Give up.... You get this!



Although I don't enjoy posting about myself (it is much more fun to tell everyone about my cute kids) I felt that it would only be fair if I told the world what I did to myself. So here it is: Last Thursday I was trying to be nice and do some yard work for Jon since he has been working so many hours. I decided that our bushes out front were looking a bit shaggy, so I got out the electric hedge trimmers. I plugged it in, pushed in the safety and without even paying the slightness bit of attention I pulled the trigger with my hand on the blade. I ran inside and put my hand in the sink. I knew it wasn't going to be good when my hand was bleeding pretty bad. So I called Jon and Sarah and we went to the emergency room (no one knew if we had a quick care anywhere close by). They scrubbed and soaked my hand and then determined that the cuts were too jagged to stitch so the bandaged me up really well gave me a tetanus shot and sent me home. It was horrible! I can't get my hand wet, so I can't bath kids, wash dishes, cook, etc. It was fun for a day, but now I just want my hand back... So there you have it. Most people don't know, but I am somewhat accident prone. I have never needed stitches or been to an emergency room before now, but burns, cuts, broken toes, etc are pretty normal for me... I guess I still have a little bit of blond left in me after all.

10 comments:

Christine said...

Yikes! That looks pretty painful! Yeah I'm terrified to use power tools or lawn machines for this exact reason.

Bronson Clan said...

Oh my goodness Jen! You are not allowed to touch any more electrical tools! That makes me quesy jsut thinking about it. And I don't think I ever thanked you for that sweet card from Dallin when Cahrity hurt her eye. That was so sweet, and she loved the stickers. Thanks!

Bronson Clan said...

ok, obviously I can't type. And I should read things before I post them.

Emily B said...

I remember a long time ago when you got a nutcracker stuck in your finger. I don't know if you remember that. It was in like 2nd grade. I'm glad your hand is okay.

The Kodak Moments of our Life said...

I TOTALLY remember that Em! That is so funny! I guess this clumbsy thing isn't new for me...

Amy said...

oh jen... i am so sorry... i hope it contiunes to heal...

Rosanne said...

That's terrible! I hope it heals quickly for you. What a pain.

Rachel said...

Ouch, that hurts just looking at it. Okay, maybe it didn't hurt me quite as much as it hurt you... seriously, I think your yardwork career is over. Don't even think about using the mower! There was a kid in my first grade class that slipped under the mower the day before school started and lost his leg up to the knee. I hope you heal quickly!

Zach and Nikki said...

Ouch! Good thing your lawn mower is a push mower. Even so, I could see how something like that could happen so easily.

Anonymous said...

Too funny! I am way accident prone also! BUt way to go to be movtivated and self sufficent! You go girl!