Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Nauvoo Trip


This past weekend we took a family trip to Nauvoo to see the pageant and to sight see. It was so much fun to get away as a family. It's sad to say, but we have never really done a family trip since we've had kids. I don't really count moving in a Uhaul a trip, so this was our first fun overnight trip. The kids did amazing in the car. The weather was so perfect, like 75 degrees. And there was a slight overcast so it wasn't too sunny and bright. It was just such a perfect day to be outside. We didn't get to see everything but we got to see alot and learn a lot about Joseph Smith and the saints not to mention getting to see the gorgeous Nauvoo temple. It definitely gave us a new appreciation for all the saints did on our behalf. It was kind of funny, our first stop was to see all the Joseph Smith history which was run by the R-LDS church. We didn't know that until we were 5 minutes into the tour. It made us laugh. (I know I have a lot of pictures, but I couldn't choose which ones to use, so you get them all.)
Our kids were SO happy to get out of the car. This was right before the pageant.
The Boys
The Girls


Joseph and Emma's House Joseph and Emma's Second house and hotel.


Elise is so stinking cute!

Okay, I know that this is random. It was on a bench at the temple, but I am posting it because it is the biggest daddy long leg spider I have ever seen! So gross!!

5 comments:

Emily B said...

I'm dying to go to Nauvoo. I went with my mom on a church history tour about seven years ago, and the temple was half done. And Kevin has never been there, so I would love to take him. I'm glad you guys could finally take a family vacation.

Cynthia said...

Oh I'm turing green with envy. Looks like you guys had such a fun trip! I spent a semester in Nauvoo when I was in college, and I get nostalgic every time I see pictures. I haven't been back since they rebuilt the temple, but I want to go with Will someday soon.

Katie said...

Looks like you had a good trip. I love it there it is so pretty, but very humid. Elise is getting so big! I can't wait to see you guys again.

Rachel said...

I have fond memories of trips to Nauvoo. Did you get a Nauvoo brick and a ring made from a nail? I'm glad you guys got away as a family.

Rosanne said...

Looks like fun! I love Nauvoo.