
On Saturday, Jon and I went to his company's' Christmas party. It was downtown at the KC convention center. Being a black tie optional party, we got dressed up and had grandma and grandpa babysit. It was a lot of fun going to a formal party together. I don't think we had done something like this since Jon's Senior Design Award Dinner at UNLV. So sad... Anyway, we got there just in time for the last 15 minutes of cocktails and appetizers, which was fine with us. We all had assigned tables so we went into the ballroom and sat at our table. The tables were very formal (thank you etiquette night with Sis. Obermiller last week for the refresher course!) We had great conversation with Jon's boss and wife and also two other couples. They served a really fancy salad and bread. Then for the main meal they served an amazing steak filet, chicken breast, mashed potatoes, and veggies. They didn't skimp at all on the portions either. For dessert they had raspberry cheesecake. It was delicious! It was the perfect meal right before fast Sunday! They gave out door prizes and awards for people who had worked there for 5, 10, 15...years all the way up to 50 years! Can you imagine working at one place for 50 years! Amazing! Anyway, we left before the cocktails set in too much on the partiers. They started doing the electric slide and karaoke in their formal wear??!! No thanks!! We had so much fun together. It was a wonderful night, thanks Jon!
6 comments:
how fun! you both liik great! and i have to say that i think your mantel looks absolutely adorable! i love the candles!
You guys look SHARP!! I'm glad you had a good time, I'm jealous! A night out without kids, you deserve it after all that potty training!
That sounds like so much fun. you are making me hungry, dinner sounds really good.
You guys look amazing! I can't believe you left before you did a little karoke! Why? Come on, bust one out for us! :)
You're so lucky! Adam works for the government so they don't get to throw fancy soirees like that, something about wasting taxpayer money...
Sounds like fun. I'm surprised Jon didn't want to stay and do the electric slide. That's so odd:)
Post a Comment