I haven't blogged about the family in awhile because I have been so busy. With my family and my calling, I haven't had a chance to sit down and type without being interrupted every minute or so. So we haven't had much going on lately. I have been busy potty training Dallin for the last 2 weeks. He is doing very well, we are pleased with his progress. Elise has kept us busy with her teething woes. She now has 3 teeth completely in(two bottom and one top). She is so sweet, but so sad when she is teething.
We made this "Seeley Tree of Thanks" for FHE. It is so fun to see the things Dallin comes up with that he is thankful for. We have done this for several years now and it is fun to see how our lives evolved.
On Wednesday night my mom's work invited our family to a party they had to watch fireworks at Longview lake. We had fun visiting and eating way too much pizza and yummy desserts.
Thanksgiving came so fast. In the morning, a bunch of us girls did a 5K Family Jog/Stroll. It was a blast. Unfortunately, I trained only 1 day, so I was terrified. But there was over 5,000 people there with kids and stroller so it was a very casual thing. I did jog quite a bit of the race finishing with Katie right at 40 minutes. We were so excited to have finished in a decent time. While I was out having fun with the girls, Jon was at home working hard on Thanksgiving. He made white and wheat rolls, his family's cornbread stuffing, and sweet potatoes. (I made a yummy coconut cream pie the night before.) I really appreciate all he does for me, letting me leave on Thanksgiving to do this with friends and family. He is such a wonderful husband.

8 comments:
you look really pretty in the picture by yourself. sounds like a fun day, especially with the hubby cooking!
hey, I missed you at church today. I hope that you are okay. And thanks for doing the 5K with me. It was so much fun!
Hey. Glad you had a good time on Thursday. Are you up for another run next year?
Rosanne,
I will Definitely be doing the run next year and probably some others in between. I loved it!
Jen, you look so cute in the pictures. Wish I could have been there to run with you guys. I love the tree that you made with Dallin, that's such a cute idea! I just might have to copy!
Way to go with the 5K! There's nothing like a little exercise before pigging out- right? Watch out, those things can be addicting.
I love your Tree of Thanks idea, and I'm so impressed you guys did the 5K. You are lucky to have a husband that cooks, and well enough to cook on major holiday even.
Wow teething and potty training at the same time - It's like finals week for moms. Kudos on the race - that's awesome!
Post a Comment