Friday, November 7, 2008
One Small Victory!
I know this is not a huge deal to the general public, but to those that know me will know that this is HUGE for me. I got my flu shot yesterday, ALONE! No supports, no one to catch me when I faint, no word of encouragement. No one! Okay, let me back up. For most of my life I have had horrible needle phobia. The thought of needles just sends shivers down my spine and makes me extremely lightheaded. I used to turn white as a ghost and start to sweat up a storm and on occasion pass out, but thanks to my Hypnobirthing classes, I have learned to calm myself down and focus on my breathing and make it through it. I don't know why I have this fear, I know it doesn't really hurt, it is just the idea of a needle going into my body. (I just got the chills.) But since I got pregnant with Dallin I haven't fainted or needed Valium. (And no I did not get an epidural for either of my children, I did it all natural.) And yesterday for the first time in my life, I went and got a shot alone and I didn't cry or faint or anything. I was so happy. I feel like this is a new day for me. It is definitely one small victory for me!!! Maybe someday I will be able to donate blood... I'll just take it one shot at a time for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
That's awesome Jen! I know that's a huge deal for you. See how tough childbirth makes us?
I am SO proud of you! You've come a long way that's for sure. Before you know it you'll be donating plasma!
I am proud of you Jen. I know how bad your phobia is. Remember when we got a certain piercing together in college?
Ronda,
Oh yes, I remember that. I was sweating like a pig and had to lay down to not pass out. Those were crazy days!
I didn't know that you had both of your kids naturally. Good for you, Jen. My dad doesn't donate blood either. He passed out the one time he tried, and they told him to never come back. I guess he hindered them more than he helped. I'm glad you're getting over your fear.
That is so great!!! You are super woman in my book, all natural child birth!!! You are a-ma-zing!!
Post a Comment