I have had a couple of people interested in the tutus, so here is how it is done:
I used between 4-6 yards of tulle (depending on the age of the child and how full you want the tutu), elastic, and ribbon. I used 2 or 3 colors but that is personal preference and I tied 4 of the same color before switching. After I rolled the tulle up, measured it out and cut it into 3 inch segments I unrolled it and cut it in half for the younger girls. For Elise's tutu I cut it a second time. This video is pretty much how I did it except I chose to tie my tulle onto elastic instead of ribbon so it can grow with the child. If you use elastic, you will want to tie each end onto chair legs or something similar to make it tons easier tying the tulle on. Also after I finished tying all the tulle onto the elastic, I sewed the ends together and tied a ribbon over it. There are countless ideas for these and they are super easy to do. It is about a 30 minute project and costs less than $8(tulle is $0.97 a yard at Walmart.) I hope this give everyone some great Christmas ideas!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment