Last night during dinner Dallin came up to me at the table and said, "Mommy, I'm sad." So I asked why. He said, "My zebra got a lot of ahwees and he died." Okay, some background. This is the zebra that I bought for Dallin when he went to get his tonsils out. It actually went into surgery with him and was by his side the whole time we were in the hospital. So it has become very special to him. Back to the story, I told him that it was just pretend and that he was okay, but he was very insistent that he was in fact dead. Jon and I really were holding back from cracking up as Dallin had tears in his eyes. He was really upset about this. So Jon (being the sweet daddy that he is) told Dallin that he was going to give him CPR to bring him back to life. But of course that didn't work and Dallin continued to mope around being sad about the death of his favorite zebra for 20 minutes of so. I told him to put him in a box and we would have to have a funeral, but he said he was just too sad. So we finally came up with the idea to that the zebra to the vet because he could "bring him back to life". Thank goodness he bought that one. So the zebra is back and Dallin is happy again.
Friday, February 27, 2009
Funeral for a zebra
Last night during dinner Dallin came up to me at the table and said, "Mommy, I'm sad." So I asked why. He said, "My zebra got a lot of ahwees and he died." Okay, some background. This is the zebra that I bought for Dallin when he went to get his tonsils out. It actually went into surgery with him and was by his side the whole time we were in the hospital. So it has become very special to him. Back to the story, I told him that it was just pretend and that he was okay, but he was very insistent that he was in fact dead. Jon and I really were holding back from cracking up as Dallin had tears in his eyes. He was really upset about this. So Jon (being the sweet daddy that he is) told Dallin that he was going to give him CPR to bring him back to life. But of course that didn't work and Dallin continued to mope around being sad about the death of his favorite zebra for 20 minutes of so. I told him to put him in a box and we would have to have a funeral, but he said he was just too sad. So we finally came up with the idea to that the zebra to the vet because he could "bring him back to life". Thank goodness he bought that one. So the zebra is back and Dallin is happy again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
This post and the last one just cracked me up. Dallin is one funny kid.
Where do kids come up with this stuff! I am happy that the vet was able to work his magic to bring his zebra back to the land of the living!
that is so funny. It's amazing what kids will come up with and how real it is to them.
Post a Comment