
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
I know I'm late, But Happy Father's Day!
I planned to post this right after Father's Day, but things have been kind of crazy. So I decided to go ahead and post it anyway. Happy Father's Day all the Dads out there! Especially my husband who is the best Dad ever!
For Father's Day I got Jon some BBQ accessories: Spatula, Tool holder, and a new grill surface with hinging sides to simplify adding charcoal during cooking. I really wanted to do something for him too though. I LOVE giving gifts, but I really wanted to do something sweet for him this year. So I decided to mow both the front and back lawn for him. Okay, before you think, how lame, remember we live in Missouri, not Vegas. We actually have a lawn to mow and we have a reel mower (AKA No engine, No gas). It isn't very wide either so you have to make A LOT of laps to get it looking nice. It took me a good hour for the front and sides and 2 hours for the back. What a work out! It isn't super hard, but after a while it gets your arms burning. Jon was outside most of the time with me smoking the BEST pork I have every eaten. He let me borrow his MP3 player while I mowed so it wouldn't be so boring, but he got a bit embarrassed when I started dancing and singing out loud. He kept saying that the neighbors would hear me and blah blah blah, but ummm they already think we are strange for using a reel mower. So I probably won't be asked to mow the lawn anytime soon for that reason. But I thought it looked pretty nice. 


Sarah and I also went and got some pictures taken of the kids. Sadly this is the first time I have ever done formal pictures with Dallin who is 2 1/2, so it was really over due. They turned out really cute. We had them taken, printed, and framed for our husbands. They were pleasantly surprised. Jon was even more excited when I told him that it only cost $20 (Well that was with a $10 tip included). Not bad for 2 1/2 hours of crying kids, 50 pictures, and 3 wardrobe changes. I thought she did great; Dallin was having a really bad day. And before the Grandmas email me the pictures they want, I will be sending out a CD of all the pictures very soon. 









Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Go Jen! The lawn looks great. Jon told me you did that for him, and I thought that was a great idea for a gift. I decided to organize Adam's workbench in the garage, but I still haven't gotten around to it. The pictures of the kids are adorable, I can't believe you and Sarah survived that!
Cute pictures! I'll have to agree you are strange. 3 Hours to mow your lawn!!! It takes me 3 1/2, but we have 7 1/2 acres. Well, I guess you're getting a good workout-right? Too funny. The lawn looks great.
cute!!! i love the pics... is dallin feeling better now then???
Wow- you sure have a lot of grass! That's something that doesn't exist here in Vegas- as you well know. And, as far as having a bad day goes, Dallin took some great pictures. Elise also looks like she's getting so big- what cute kids!
Post a Comment