Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Tonsils Update...

Well, thanks to crazy insurance issues we had put Dallin's Tonsillectomy and Adenoidectomy on temporary hold. On Monday afternoon the doctor's office called me to let me know that our current insurance company needed a "Certificate of Creditable Coverage" from our last insurance company to show that we were covered for the last year so there was no issues with any pre-existing clauses. So I started making phone calls and 2 hours later I ended up having to cancel his surgery for Tuesday because our last insurance company told me it would take 7-10 days to process 1 piece of paper! So I called and pleaded with them to make it a priority. So apparently the lady had some sympathy for a tired mom and they sent it today. So now I am working on getting the form to our new insurance company and convincing them to process it today so I can schedule the surgery for Friday. I will keep everyone updated when I know more. Thank you to everyone who have send emails of support and concern. I really appreciate it.

5 comments:

Emily B said...

Insurance companies drive me CRAZY! I'm glad that lady had some sympathy for you. I hope everything goes well for Dallin.

Katie said...

So at first glance when I looked at this I thought it said toenails update and I was just thinking... why is Jen writing about toenails thats gross! Anyway I am glad you were able to get everything figured out with the insurance, let me know if you guys need anything.

The Kodak Moments of our Life said...

Thanks Katie!

Rosanne said...

Insurance companies suck. Let me know if you need anything. What hospital will you be at?

The Kodak Moments of our Life said...

He is going to Children Mercy South in Overland Park. Thanks, I will let you know we need anything.