Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Sillyness and Embarrassment!!

I still don't have my camera working, but I will have some new pictures up soon. I am borrowing my parents camera for my Vegas trip. That's right, I'm going to Vegas!! I'm so excited. I haven't been back to visit family and friends for over a year. I have lots to do while I am there with the 2 kids, so lots of pictures I'm sure.

Well start with the Embarrassment story- I have always been the time to get the bad stuff over with first. After church on Sunday I had a meeting that lasted a little longer that I had planned. Jon and the kids where patiently waiting for me in the halls for over an hour. Dallin told Jon that he needed to go to the bathroom so Jon said, "Okay, Just a minute" and he kept talking to someone. Dallin ran off, butJon figured he would just be playing and he would wait for him. Well a couple minutes later he realizes that Dallin is no where to be found. He checked the bathroom first and didn't see him so he proceeded to circle the halls looking for him. Then a kid at church told Jon he went in the bathroom. Jon started to head that way when he heard a guy from our ward say, "Hey, buddy! Did you lose your pants?" With the response of, "Nope! I've got them right here." Jon rounded the corner to Dallin holding his pants, socks, shoes, and pull-up in his arms! So, yes he was VERY exposed! So Jon hurries him into the bathroom and asks which toilet he used. He told him and Jon noticed some remnants in the toilet, so he asked him if he pooped. Of course Dallin said yes (although we don't think he did) so Jon asked him if he wiped. Dallin said, "Yep! But I can't reach the toilet paper." So Jon sets Elise on the counter to help him and get him cleaned and dressed. When they left he asked that same kid if he had seen Dallin with his pants off and he said, "Well yeah, but his shirt is pretty long." Okay, so he had to have gone through all least half of the church practically naked. Oh my gosh, I am so glad our ward was gone and I was in a meeting. It was bad enough just hearing the story, I don't think I could have handled being there.


Now for the sillyness:
This is not recent, but I did want to post this while it was on my mind. It must have been 6 or more months ago that this happened, but it still makes me laugh.

Mommy- "Dallin who made you so smart?"
Dallin- "Daddy!"
Mommy- "Who made you so handsome?"
Dallin- "Daddy!"
Mommy- "Well if Daddy made you smart and Daddy made you handsome, what did Mommy give you?"
Dallin- "Trouble!"

That kid is so quick on his toes! It was so funny because he didn't really try, it just came out. He is such a sweet kid too! I just love him! It is so sweet how many times a day he tells me that he loves me. He says it like 25 times a day. And he loves to show his love too. He helps me all the time and he is always wanting to do nice things to "surprise" us. He will clean up all of his toys or get in his PJ's without being asked. It is so cute!

5 comments:

Kara said...

Hey girl it was so good to hear from you. I can't believe you live in Missouri. Your family is so cute. Isn't life crazy? Looking at you and John reminded me of wb7 and late night laughs. Yay we can keep in touch through blogging now!

Sarah said...

Jen, Dallin is so funny. I can totally see him walking down the hall with his pants off, and he didn't even have Ava's help! But, yes, very embarrassing for you.

Melanie said...

That is sooo funny! I love that. Kids don't think twice about stuff like that!

Rachel said...

I can't tell you how many times Ben peed outside in front of other people when he was Dallin's age, so count yourself lucky.

Amy said...

3 year olds are awesome! i love how uninhibited they are!!! that is super cute!