I need help from you! Yep you! I need some ideas for young women activities. We have been doing planning and it seems like after being in Y.W. for 2 years we are running low on ideas... So
PLEASE post any ideas that you have for us. Think of things that you did as a youth... or that the youth in your ward have done. Thank you! Thank you! And my girls with thank you too!
4 comments:
Lately we've been trying to help the girls learn basic stuff like cooking so we've been doing a cooking night now and then, just fun easy recipes they could do. We're also doing a "drive in theater" as a combined activity. They each get a cardboard box to decorate as their "car" then we're gonna show a movie on a saturday at the church. We're gonna do a modesty scavenger hunt at the mall where they each have to find three different modest outfits (school outfit, formal, sporty, etc.) and take pictures of them. Hope this helps!
Along the lines of cooking, you should teach them how to make bread like in that book I gave you guys. When we learned about if in a RS class, he just brought samples of how it looked at different stages and some dough that was ready to pop into the oven so we could sample it. I think even teenage girls could probably do it, and their mothers would love you!
That is so funny Rachel, I actually planned on doing that bread this last Tuesday, I had everything ready to go, but decided to make my girls plan instead. I will definetly do that though; I was really looking forward to teaching them how to do bread and butter.
i'll think about it . . .we just had our planning meeting and i'll let you know what we came up with!
Post a Comment