Monday, June 29, 2009

A Broken Toe (AGAIN!), a 5K, and Father's Day.

I am so incredible clumsy. It seems like I always have a cut, bruise, scrap, or any other random sore that was self-inflicted. Most of the time I don't even know how I did it. I have posted before about a broken toe and well... I did it again! I broke my baby toe. This time I did it while running towards the bathroom to catch Elise before she played in the toilet. It is still sore and I broke it a few weeks ago. Lovely isn't it?? On Saturday, June 20th my friend Lisa and I ran in a 5K in Peculiar, Missouri. We have become running buddies (which I LOVE) and after 2 days of training (better than my 1 day with the Thanksgiving 5K), we did a 5K. It was REALLY hot and humid which is amazing because it started at 7:30 am. (We have been experience a heat wave lately. They put out heat advisory for a week straight because with the humidity the heat index has been between 105-115. And it sure did feel like it that morning!) I am no runner by any means, but I am working on getting better. I ran it in 33 minutes, which beats my Thanksgiving time by 7 minutes. I placed 15/31 women (not horrible, but not great. I was grateful to not be last. And I did it with my broken toe...) Lisa finished a minute ahead of me. We had so much fun! We are planning another one for August already.
BeforeAfter
Our Father's Day was really casual this year which was nice. I woke up and made Jon really yummy french toast (I didn't cut it into stars) with Texas toast and bacon for breakfast. For dinner he requested bacon, cheddar cheeseburgers so he cooked them, but I did all the sides. I also made him a chocolate angel food cake topped with whipped cream and strawberries for dessert. If you have never had one, YOU ARE MISSING OUT!! It is so delicious! Dallin insisted on getting Daddy a United States Flag for the house so that is what we are going to do (I have to order it still...) Jon is such an amazing father. He loves the kids so much and has such a gentle, patient way with them. I love him so much and I know the kids do to! Happy Fathers Day!

3 comments:

Amy said...

um, yum! you guys need to come back to bburg and cook for us!!!

Sarah said...

Nice job on the toe! Why are you always hurting yourself, you're the mom not the kid. Good job on the 5K, maybe someday I'll run one with you. Glad you had a good time!

Ronda said...

why am I not surprised about the toe. j/k Mike also requested cheesburgers, must be a guy thing. Good job on the 5k!