Yesterday was Jon's Aunt's birthday (HAPPY BIRTHDAY DIANNE!), so last night we had a family dinner at Matt and Rosanne's house. Jon met me out there because he got off a little late. As I was driving home in the drizzly rain, a little sweet innocent skunk ran out in front of my car. I couldn't swerve because if you have ever been on a Missouri 1 way each direction road you know there is NO shoulder. Just typically a drop off. And there was a car coming at me, so I had no choice but to hit the poor thing. I, of course, felt terrible. I actually almost threw up, but I held back tears and things for the kids sake. I have only ever hit one other thing with my car and I literally cried for days. Anyway, I was feeling really bad until I got home and realized (duh!) the thing sprayed my car before it got squashed. My car smells so bad. It was so bad that all of inside stunk and all of us in the car stunk. The kids didn't smell but I did. It was in my hair, my clothes...everywhere! So I parked outside last night because I didn't want it to stink the garage up. I had to shower and wash my hair twice and my clothes last night. I just went out to get the mail so I thought I would check the car out. It doesn't stink around the car, but when I broke the seal (literally there was a seal!) of the car door. WOW! It REEKS in there!!! I really don't feel so bad about hitting that skunk now that my car smells so bad. Jon even put a car freshener in there last night, but nothing can mask that stink. I'm glad that I didn't have any errands today...
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Holy Stink!
Yesterday was Jon's Aunt's birthday (HAPPY BIRTHDAY DIANNE!), so last night we had a family dinner at Matt and Rosanne's house. Jon met me out there because he got off a little late. As I was driving home in the drizzly rain, a little sweet innocent skunk ran out in front of my car. I couldn't swerve because if you have ever been on a Missouri 1 way each direction road you know there is NO shoulder. Just typically a drop off. And there was a car coming at me, so I had no choice but to hit the poor thing. I, of course, felt terrible. I actually almost threw up, but I held back tears and things for the kids sake. I have only ever hit one other thing with my car and I literally cried for days. Anyway, I was feeling really bad until I got home and realized (duh!) the thing sprayed my car before it got squashed. My car smells so bad. It was so bad that all of inside stunk and all of us in the car stunk. The kids didn't smell but I did. It was in my hair, my clothes...everywhere! So I parked outside last night because I didn't want it to stink the garage up. I had to shower and wash my hair twice and my clothes last night. I just went out to get the mail so I thought I would check the car out. It doesn't stink around the car, but when I broke the seal (literally there was a seal!) of the car door. WOW! It REEKS in there!!! I really don't feel so bad about hitting that skunk now that my car smells so bad. Jon even put a car freshener in there last night, but nothing can mask that stink. I'm glad that I didn't have any errands today...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Yuck! Hope it dissipates quickly.
Yeah, I thought you smelled a little funny when I was over there. :)
I hit about four or five rabbits driving from Alamo, NV to Cedar City. I was horrified about the first two and I really wanted to cry, but they just kept running in front of my car as I got close to them, so I quit feeling sorry for the stupid little bunnies. I hope the stink on your car goes away soon.
That stinks! literally. You can't help but to hit things sometimes.
Hopefully the stink is gone by now. But for future reference . . . try Febreze! Our car got skunked at my Grandma's once, the day before we were leaving (meaning we would have to sit in the stink for 8 hours). We Fabrezed it and it took it right out. And no, I'm not getting paid to say that. :)
Post a Comment