Wednesday, April 21, 2010
Busy Busy
For the last 2 months we have been NON-Stop busy! It has been a crazy time for us. Jon has been campaigning every Saturday all day and almost every day I went out for 2 hours and put flyers on doors. We did a lot of talking, smiling, shaking hands, and putting signs out. On Election day we sat at our polling place for 12 straight hours greeting people and giving out homemade cookies. Jon's competition was a lifelong Raymore resident who is in her 80's and has several streets named after her and her family. Jon did such a great job and I am so proud of him. After all was said and done he lost by 7 votes (He got 356 votes and she got 363, less than 1%)! This was the BEST turn out in our area for a really really long time. It was really hard to swallow how close he got, but it was such a huge accomplishment for him to get so close to winning. Noone else has ever come that close to beating out the current councilwoman. Good job Jon! I'm so proud of you! You stuck to your beliefs and you were an honest candidate!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ah! Seven votes! Good for Jon for going out and doing that. I think he should try again during the next go 'round.
Post a Comment