Friday, January 1, 2010

Christmas 2009

My mom and I spent the Tuesday before Christmas baking. It was so fun having her here with me to do all the candies. We made so many yummy treats! If you haven't had the honor of trying my mom's english toffee and peanut brittle you are missing out. It is the best, and I'm not just saying that because it's my moms. It is to DIE for! We had a fun time with Jon's family on Christmas Eve. His dad is so good to always get a little program together for the kids with the felt board. And Aunt Katie bought all the kids their Christmas PJ's and they were so stinkin cute! I love this picture (minus the chocolate mouth). This is my Elise. So happy!Cousins Karaoke
We had a really nice Christmas this year. A VERY white Christmas! It snowed SO much! (Do you see the street? I couldn't!) The kids loved it, but all of us adults weren't such fans when we had to shovel and drive in it. Some years we are so rushed to be from one place to the next that we don't have time to just enjoy the moments, but this year we did just that. We were still busy, but we made time for us. The kids actually slept on Christmas morning (the one thing I asked for!) till 7:30 am. I know this doesn't sound like much, but in this house that is golden. I was shower dressed, had breakfast in the oven, and Jon had the driveway shoved before our children got up! Then they both got dressed and ate breakfast before we started opening presents. They just took their time and opened and played as they went. It was a lot of fun. It was really nice having my parents here this year too. My kids are so spoiled to have them here!
Jon's mom made Dallin a VERY happy boy! She made him an astronaut costume and bought him a bunch of space toys!
Jon got more leather tools!
Dallin got this in his stocking and Elise thought it was the funnest thing!

This year Dallin asked Santa for a mommy and a daddy for his favorite stuffed doggie. He is such a sweet boy! He really wanted his little buddy to have parents and I thought that was so selfless of him. He also requested a doll for his sister. He really is the sweetest kid ever! I just love him to pieces!

No comments: