It is one of those rainy wonderful days today. I love it. We have our windows open so the cool air can makes it way through our home and you can hear the rain coming down. It is so peaceful and calm. I probably wouldn't love it so much if I had somewhere that I needed to go, but with no car, I am happy today to be home. Here is why we have some much beautiful greenery:
Annual Rainfall for Kansas City in 2007: 35.51 inches
Annual Rainfall for Seattle in 2007: 36.2 inches
We have had 3 inches of rain in a day which is more than Vegas all year!! It is amazing to me how fast things grow here. We could mow our grass 3 times a week if we wanted to be those people. But we aren't those people, we are actually the people who wait way too long to mow their lawn. I am grateful to be here and have to opportunity to watch our garden grow and be surrounded by mother natures green beauty. Just to make those in Vegas a little more jealous of our weather right now… We haven’t had our air conditioner on since Labor Day. We did have to turn our heater on one night. It is in the 70’s during the day and the 50’s at night.

4 comments:
I'm with you, it was raining here all day today, and I love the cozy feeling. NM gets about 10-12 inches a year, not nearly as much as you guys, but this has been a great year, it's been raining for the last two months. We're not quite down to the 70's, most days it still gets to the 80's, but I'm not complaining, I'm just so glad we're not in Vegas right now.
Cute post! We are enjoying the weather here also. It's about the same, 70 in the day and 50's at night, without the rain. I love talking walks in this weather!
I am soooo jealous!!! It rained here last week for a good 10 min. and of coarse everything was flooded and just a mess!! Then what do you knoe the sun came out and it's been high 90's ever sence!!!
I am so jealous. It's funny too, because I've grown up here in Vegas. But it would be so wonderful to have a garden. Zach talks about moving someplace like Missouri every once in a while, but I don't know how I'd handle those winters and we're too settled here.
Post a Comment